THIS IS NOT A TITLE

Actually it is a title. I needed this out of my system, I guess. So here we go.


I’m a girl
who
will settle
rather than
deal
with
conflict
you’ve seen my side with
bouncing legs, crazy
and serene-
you wrote that to
me on the outside
of my note
to you
and you’ve read
every
pleading
poem
they are addressed
and mailed to
you
you, who never
replied but to say a
kind word
what if I
wrote “I love you”?
I can’t imagine
how you
would respond
or even
us, anymore
I write this
so as
not
to confuse
to
you
you
you

(c) Caitlin C.

"Baby, remember on the bus and my hand was on your knee? When you love somebody it's hard to think about anything but to breathe. Baby, I am the cub who was washed out in the flood. When you love somebody and bite your tongue, all you get is a mouthful of blood."
~Fruit Bats

0 comments: